Open Faced Squash and cheeseburger

I had yellow squash AND zucchini.
I had English muffins.
I had hamburger meat and I even had yummy cheddar cheese-- the kind you have to slice, not the stuff that comes in individual wrappers.

Last night we made open faced hamburgers. I would give them a name, but the name would basically give every ingredient in the "recipe" ... if one can call it a recipe.

Long story short-- YUM!

Check it out:

Season your squash and zucchini and allow to rest on a paper towel for about 20 minutes before grilling. It was too hot last night to light the grill, so I used my grill pan inside-- with the air conditioning.




Toss 'em in the oven to keep 'em warm.

Spread the tiniest bit of mayonnaise on your English muffin.

Grill your burgers and when you flip them, put your muffins in the oven.

When everything is ready, assemble!

English muffin on the bottom, two pieces of zucchini, one piece of squash, burger patty, and yummy cheese on top. I put them back in the oven for about two minutes to melt the cheese.


Don't be fooled- you can't pick it up. It has to be eaten with a fork. And it's awesome. Give it a try.


As Dorothy says, "Do write and speak of your mistakes."




Comments