mobility

Fuzzy has just started to get his knees beneath him. We lay him on the ground, he rolls over and gets up on all fours before pushing himself forward and backward-- as if to gain momentum. First the only ground he was making was backwards. Birdie did the same thing-- I would put her on the ground in the den and walk out. When I came back a few minutes later, she would be under the footstool... stuck.

Fuzzy spends a lot of time on the floor these days. He rolls over to his stomach, eyes what he wants and army crawls to it. As I type-- laying on his floor while his sisters are at school-- he has skipped over all the land mines that are toys and made a direct line for my cell phone. What is it with kids and technology? Kinda love it; kinda hate it.

His favorite toy of recent? Oh, that would be my mini spatula that is perfect for very small things in the kitchen- or the mouth of a seven month old. When he isn't waving the mini spatula around casting spells and swatting imaginary flies, he's shaking his sterling rattle. We like to cover all of our bases here when it comes to toys.

I grew up in a tupperware cabinet.

Bennie was such the handful at the end of summer and beginning of school that she very quickly bought herself five days a week at Mother's Day Out. I told my mom today that I have to remember that she is a very different kid from her big sister. Birdie is so much more like me- even if she looks just like Husband's family. Bennie-- while looking just like my family-- is all Husband. She's busy. She does not have to sit still or be calm or relax.

For what it is worth, Bennie will potty train herself. I have tried several times... and failed... several times. I just chalk it up to "she's just not ready, we'll try again later." You know what that rascal did at school the other day? She went potty all by herself. She told her teacher she had to go, the teacher took her ... and she went. TWICE. Yesterday, the same thing happened. She does not need guidance. She's going to do it her own way.

Fuzzy is disagreeing with me being on the computer and not putting him down for a nap, so this will have to be cut short. Imagine that.

Comments

Oh yes! The tupperware cabinet is a kid's best friend! Haha! :)