Friday, June 19, 2015

FrootLoops

There's a FrootLoop in my wine. It made me laugh and, if I had not been worried that it would alter the taste of my wine, I would have stopped to take a picture of it with the hashtag #momproblems.

The last few days, I have been in a funk. My kids have not been bad (they haven't been good), but I just was not able to wrap my head around them. My patience: SHOT. My demeanor: Not Great. I would have received no leg lamps if the past 100 hours were the competition for MOTY awards.

Husband saw it. He came home, post call, and told me to go collect myself. He was so very tired. The kids were quiet. I told him to take a nap. He did.

I said, "It's not the kids. It's me. I can't get it together. I would have made myself cry if I were on the other end of my behavior."

Today though, I woke up. Grateful again for these children. Grateful for this life. Grateful for my husband. Very grateful for him.

I had blamed lack of exercising in the morning for my bad attitude. I didn't get to exercise this morning, because I let Leenie sleep in, and did laundry instead. Washing, drying, folding, and even ironing, I was reminded of my domestic responsibilities are mine, and mine alone. My children are reflections of me.

I did the dishes. There were a lot of dishes.

I  marinated a lamb for tomorrow night's supper. It made me miss my DC people. I was reminded that we have a girls' night tonight. It made me grateful to have found a few close friends here that I love as my own.

Fuzzy cried and was fed. Mattie did not listen and was disciplined in an even temperament. Leenie played in her room and took almost two hours to brush both her hair and her teeth.

Thank you, Husband. Thank you for working so hard for us. It does not go unnoticed nor unappreciated. I looked in my closet, slowly filling back with clothes and out our doors at our pool on the hot, hot day.

It's a good life and I am sorry that I didn't remember that.

1 comment:

Rod and Alex - aka: "Rolex" said...

Oh! Hope you are feeling better! Being a mom comes with an enormous amount of responsibility. But even moms have bad days; although, it doesn't seem like they are allowed. :)
It doesn't mean we don't appreciate our lives...it just get's overwhelming sometimes.