Thursday, January 9, 2014

Bing Crosby said it best

As a kid, as a teenager, as a young adult, as a newlywed, as a new mother... I never understood why people advocated for year round school. How could that be any fun? And what about vacations? And time to relax?

Then I had a kid. Not an infant, not a toddler, not anything other than a rising school kid. Finally, finally it all started to make sense.

Yesterday, I was trying to catch up on some bills and notes (read: play on Facebook) while LMC was sitting at the kitchen table.

Mom!
Mom!
Mom! Listen to me slurp! Sllllluuurrrrrrrppppppppp
Mom! Listen! Mom did you hear me slurp?
Mom! Listen again! Can you hear me slurp?
Mom! That was so loud, right? Listen! slurrrrppppp
Mom! I'm gonna get a spoon and stir my hot chocolate. Splash, splash, splash.
Mom! See the whirlpool in my hot chocolate? Watch this! slurrrrpppppppp
And hey, Mom! If my hot chocolate gets too hot, I can just blow it off- like this! Watch, mom! Mom, watch! psheeeewwwwwwwww
Mom! Hey Mom- is this dangerous? This is dangerous, isn't it?
     Yes, yes it is.
Mom! It's so dangerous, you can't do it- can you?
Mom! Check me out. I can tip my hot chocolate upside down to cool it off. Watch me tip it upside down.
Mom! I spilled my hot chocolate. It's okay you clean it up for me? I'm going to grab the play-dough and we can play play-dough together.
Mom! Did you clean up the hot chocolate?
Tell you what, Mom! Mom! Mom! I've got the play dough, how about we let the play dough clean up the hot chocolate! That'd be a great idea!
Mom! Mom! Why is your eye twitching?
Mom! Can you make a big, big, big, BIG snowman with my rainbow play dough?
Mom! Where'd you go? Mom? Where are you?
Mom! Watch me jump off this chair while holding these scissors. Mom, is this dangerous?
Mom?


Mom?


Mom?


And mom and dad can hardly wait for school to start again....

No comments: