Saturday, November 16, 2013

Six you say?

I suck at getting splinters out. Even with tweezers.

I went to the oldest high school in the southeast. King George chartered it. It opened its doors in 1783. President George Washington attended the commencement of the class of 1791. I can recite those two facts from memory.

Walking is my favorite mode of transportation.

I am not organized, however, I have excellent organization skills.

I know how to foxtrot. Not to mention the waltz, tango, and the polka.

Every night, when I tell the girls good night, I promise them that I will try and be a better mother tomorrow.

I am a closet lover of blues music.

I joked so much with Husband about naming Bennie 'Sowega Colquitt (pronounced: Sew-We-Ga Call-Quit),' that the name actually started to sound like a good choice to me.

When I was pregnant with LMC, I consulted my doctor about using acupuncture in lieu of an epidural. I was that scared of the big needle. Reality caught up with me. It was not until I sat and typed this do I realize the irony in a bunch of little needles verse one big needle.

Since the Alanis Morissette song, "Ironic," I have trouble determining when things are actually ironic.

Mosquitos steer clear of me.

I am full of worthless knowledge-- the end of a shoelace is called an aglet.

I am not allergic to poison ivy- that being said, I avoid it like the plague. I am allergic to sunscreen, Husbands asthma medicine, hair dye, and a plethora of other things.

I can start a fire without matches.

I learned how to apply eyeliner in 2009. I was 28.

My favorite color is turquoise. Second is green. Those poppy kind of hues are my favorite.

As a kid, I wore a uniform to school-- navy blue skirt and a white shirt. To this day, I will not wear that color combination.

I won't buy a whole chicken since giving birth to LMC- it reminds me too much of holding a baby.

Tomatoes gross me out. It's the seeds.

I love BLTs.

Clutter makes me feel claustrophobic.

My name was Natalie for the first three days of my life.

Hydrangeas are my favorite flower. It used to be daisies.

I have a collection of records, yet no record player.

A little babys tongue is the cutest part of their body to me.

I can watch The Godfather on repeat.

I started college at 16.

I don't like dogs.

A strawberry fork is my favorite sterling piece. I own none.

If I could have one meal for the rest of my life- it would be a turkey sandwich.

I don't know how to paint my own finger nails.

While I can get anywhere in the state of South Carolina with my eyes closed via any back road, interstate, highway, or power line off-road... I cannot find my way out of a paper bag as soon as I cross into the neighboring county.

I lack an ability to make hamburger patties. No matter what I do, they always fall apart.

I am a sucker for eggnog. Mostly because it is a drink with nutmeg.

I love to paint walls. I do not paint trim. I do not do a stick of prep work. I do not make a mess.

I kick serious tail at PinBall.

I do not kick serious tail at Ping Pong.

I was in college the first and only time I saw a Star Wars movie.

I have owned three houses in my own right. This is my fourth home and the second one that Husband and I have owned together. Of my four homes, all have had pink bathrooms.

I have an unusual fear of staple guns.

I cannot sing. At all.

We have a landline at my insistence. Our friends think we are crazy for spending the extra money.

I love polishing silver.

I sold bread in DC to meet people and make friends. It worked.

I do not eat crusts, nor the heal of the bread.

My biggest and worst fear is that I will get a fishhook in my eye. Think about that for a minute.

While I can quote Shawshank Redemption like it's my job, I have never seen it.

One time, a stray cat came into my garage and I wanted to keep it. I had read in Ann Landers that to keep a cat around, cover the paws with butter. All I had was margarine. I had four plastic spoons full of margarine and covered the poor cats paws. I never saw him again.

I really think that Big Trouble in Little China is under-appreciated.

Husband is 12 days my senior.

Fish sticks are the only thing I will eat with ketchup.

In college, I owned a pair of black pleather pants. I also owned a pair of snake skin pants. These two items are still in my possession.

ET scares me.

I think popped collars are cute.

My brother finds my laugh annoying. He says it is too loud. He also says that I am a terrible driver.

I prefer water without ice.

I prefer to sleep with five pillows. Husband will only let me get away with four.

There was a summer in college where I ate nothing but eggs and turkey sandwiches. It was the only thing I knew how to cook.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jeeperz... I don't know how you don't end up with 6000 comments on each post.... you are absolutely hilarious and I look forward to each new post!