Tuesday, June 25, 2013

These moments

It's been a good few days. The 'rents are in Mexico for a week while Husband and Wife have taken over their house as we try and get ours settled and ready to hold us and our two cherubs.

After taking LMC to Vacation Bible School, going to Pilates (didn't accomplish anything but make me wish the clock ticked faster. Didn't even break a sweat.) and lunch with Husband, Brother, and SIL- LMC and I headed home with MB to take care of a few chores before heading out again. A phone call to my Lawyer Friend and I am not watching my kids for ... maybe... five minutes. Why should I keep my eyes on them, we're in the same room. LMC is drawing a picture (with a Sharpie) and MB has finally stopped crying. Finally, a breather.

What I didn't know was that she stopped crying because she had exploded through her diaper and was, well, let's just say we had to change the diaper, the sheets, and her clothes, only after giving her a bath. LMC was really quiet in the corner with her drawing. Figuring she was concentrating, my mind stays on the phone call until LMC says, "Look, Mama! I'm so BEE-U-T-FULL! I color my nose."

And, sure as the wind, she had. Colored on her nose... and her cheek.

Realizing that I was in the room with two disasters, the conversation was cut to a short end.

"Sheesh, I gotta go-- both kids need immediate attention."



PS- Did you know that Vacation Bible School is free?! Look, I know I've been in the land of "no free lunches" and even your parking spot comes at a small fortune-- but free Vacation Bible School??? Please- oh please- tell me that we cannot check out thirteen different ones over thirteen different weeks. We like to expose our children to all cultures. I'd be down with that. Kidding... but seriously...

No comments: