Monday, June 10, 2013

Happy and Sad

You know, I'm trying to write a blog about why I am both happy and sad about this move. LMC is already back in Georgia. MB is at my feet and I have not been ready.

Not ready to say good-bye to great friends.
Not ready to pack.
Not ready to make changes.

Just not ready.

So, I am trying to write a blog and I keep erasing what I write because it is clear that I am very scattered right now and can't weave these thoughts into something more than a headache. I'm trying, but not succeeding.

LMC went to the farm with my in-laws and my parents picked her up yesterday to take her...

home.

It's been nice to be quiet around the apartment and watch the rain come down.

In two days, I take a one-way flight with MB ....

home.

Last night it seemed things were starting to fall into place. While we were eating dinner with our best friends and enjoying one of the last hot summer nights by the grill, my phone was bing-bonging and I checked my messages when we got home later that night.

A sweet message from our babysitter about my family.
A message from my SIL about how much LMC loves her birthday present.
A picture of LMC with Niece, holding their matching new dolls.
A picture from Uncle Brother of LMC and Niece holding hands lying on the floor at my parents house watching a cartoon.
A message from Charlie the Floor Guy about how great the floors look and how his family is looking forward to meeting our family.
A message from an old friend with promises of food upon our arrival.
A request from SIL about chauffeuring Uncle Brother around.
An email from LMC and MB's school about summer session.

I will miss DC- I will miss it tremendously. But, we are going where we need to be. And it's the right place for us. Transition is hard.

It sucks.

But, where we need to be is home. It's where the heart is, and my heart is always with Husband- I am always home.

I'll get it together, but for the moment- it's okay to be at polar opposites with myself, even if I can't convey it.

2 comments:

Wanting What I Have said...

I totally get it. Hang in there. Praying these lass will be sweet. We can't wait to see y'all!!! xoxo

Anonymous said...

Transition IS hard and unsettling. But, trust me, when you get home--at last--you will be a happy, happy girl! Welcome back!--nb