Wednesday, April 24, 2013

The Unblogable Blog

I wrote a blog yesterday, which I thought was pretty funny and took on a not-talked-about subject.

I thought it might be on the cusp of TMI, so I let a friend read it.

Turns out, it wasn't just on the cusp, rather slap in the middle of TMI land. So I set it aside. This is the internet, after all.

The blog started in my head as the maintenance man was fishing in our hallway bathroom. Fishing?

Oh yeah.

After LMC finished in the bathroom, I heard the garden flush a second time.

Then a third.

I walked down the hall to find a very innocent 3.75 year old looking at me with doe eyes and halo shining above her flaxen curls. She smiled and said, "I can't make the bubbles go away."

Uh-Oh.

The water of the abyss had risen to the very edge of the garden without a drop on the floor. She carefully backed away with my pulling at her elbow.

"What'd you flush?"
"Nothing. Only T-T and ... go in there."
"You aren't in trouble, what went down to the water gods?"
"NOTH-ING. Only T-T and ... go in there." she stamps her foot.
"Are you sure?"
"Yes M'am."

Toddlers don't know the dangers of lying, or maybe they have already learned the danger of truth telling to mothers. The foot stamp gave her away.

We walk downstairs and make a personal request for the maintenance team to come straightaway. They looked at both of us with skepticism. He asked what she flushed.

"Nothing. Only T-T and ... go in there."

Okie Dokie.

One hour, a plumbing snake, two maintenance guys, and three toys later... the truth comes out.

Literally.

No comments: