Wednesday, July 11, 2012

But then again

What's mine is yours, but then again... what's yours is mine.





I have said it before and I will say it one hundred more times before we pack up-- I have some wonderful friends. When we get together there is a silent understanding amongst both the children and the moms--


What's mine is yours. Lunch, babies, wine, chips, diapers, and towels-- there really is no limit.


Six children are easier to watch with six eyes verse one, two, or three children with two eyes. Going to the pool yesterday by myself, it was the little things that I missed about this understanding- like when I needed to get some water and LMC did not want to leave the pool to go with me. Or when I really, really had to use the restroom (which happens a lot when one is with child)- LMC was not interested in being helpful and coming along for the fun of it.

It's easier. It's just easier. I cannot explain why it is easier to slather up two girls with sunscreen at the same time instead of the one or why french fries shared are always tastier than a basket for one. Or parenting the masses and allowing small squabbles to sort themselves out as they always do. It's just easier.


What's mine is yours. The kids get it when it comes to their toys. The moms get it when it comes to a quick errand. But, then again-- what's yours is mine. Your children become my responsibility while you are away, and surprisingly- the kids get that, too. If one of the children cannot spot their mother immediately, a scan to find a "second" quickly soothes any worries. If a mom cannot run an errand with a child, a "second" can pick up the slack.  It just works.


We are lucky, lucky women to spend this time together, raise our children together, and --at least for a while-- grow old together.






1 comment:

Rod and Alex - aka: "Rolex" said...

I hope, when the time comes, I will have a good friend to raise our children together with! Seems like it makes things easier!