What's Cool

Traditionally, I am a traditionalist. Brother and I never wore GAP sweatshirts- even at the peak of cool. 3/4 sleeves became popular circa 1994, this girl avoided them until 2002.

Beanie Babies? Are you kidding me? I once heard a girl say she was (and this is a direct quote), "I'm investing in my future." .... no comment needed.

The TV series, FRIENDS? I missed the first season.

I want to make sure that things are truly "cool" before I hop on board. I never crimped my hair. I never wore blue eyeshadow. Leggings weren't my thing unless I was in ballet class.

The Pioneer Woman fell into this category. I first heard about The PW when a friend delivered dinner and I heard the comment, "Do you 'do' the pioneer woman?"

Excuse me? I had no idea that "doing" anything was possible when it came to this sort of thing.

So, I went into the Pioneer Woman kicking and screaming.

But now... I'm in love.

Ree Drummond is funny, kind, charming, and the kind of person you want to be friends with or, at the very least, grab a glass of wine with. Just not someone you want to ask directions.

Yesterday, I picked up her book-- From Black Heels to Tractor Wheels. It's a light story about how she met her husband. It starts with the break up with California and relocating to her hometown in middle USA. Not thought provoking, not confusing, just an easy story about how a boy met a girl with a few slip-ups along the way. You can imagine sitting across from her at any restaurant as she spins the tail.

It's a good read. And it can be done in a day if you get hooked like I did. Check it out.

Comments

Aleasha said…
I so love PW!!! She is fantastic! Sooo glad you finally are on board!!!