Thursday, April 19, 2012

One sewing machine, two hands

See that bedskirt? The one that's on our bed? I made that. 

This girl.

Over the course of three hours, with two hands and one sewing machine.


Without a pattern, only some help picking out fabrics from my handy cousin, Julie, and a lot of research on the world wide web about how to make a dust ruffle.

See that little girl right there? I'm teaching her how to iron. Right now she is my starch sprayer, but soon enough- she'll start learning.




I'm recovering the pillows and waiting on drapery liner to make the drapes. It should all be done by the end of next week-- well, I'm hoping that it will all be done by the end of next week. Only time will tell.

There's a new definition of cool in these parts. And I definitely fall into that category. At least, I think I do.

2 comments:

Lauren said...

Woo-hoo! Way to go, it looks great. :) You inspire me to take the cover off my machine for the first time since I finished the girls' dresses. (When I finish the painting for the boys' room, maybe...)

love your matelasse, too - we have one very similar, but the pattern/repeat is slightly different.

Rod and Alex - aka: "Rolex" said...

Wowowow! I am amazed that you were able to make that dust ruffle without a pattern! You are awesome!!! Looks great! :)

Alexandria - http://therolexrelease.blogspot.com