Thursday, January 5, 2012

Like 10 kinds of yummy

I love vanilla aioli. It's one of those things that adds some zing to dinner-- whether it is gills, fish, or feathers (or even just a spoon). Give it a go. It's awesome.

Vanilla Aioli


1/3 cup good quality mayonnaise (me? I'm a Hellmann's girl)
4 cloves garlic, finely minced
juice of 1/2 lemon (maybe a little less- depending on your love for the tanginess)
1/2 tbsp vanilla extract (homemade. Don't second guess me on this)
kosher salt
1/4+ Cup (1/4 to 1/3) cup evoo

In a medium bowl combine the mayonnaise and garlic. Whisk in the juice, vanilla, and salt until the goodness is silky smooth. As you are whisking, very-very-very slowly drizzle the evoo over your whisk until the mixture reaches desired consistency. Let sit in fridge until read to serve.


Something to think about... if you have horseradish in the back of your fridge- add a tablespoon or two at the beginning. The zest of the lemon and the sweetness of the vanilla will compliment the piquancy of the horseradish. (yeah, I totally thesaursed that word)



2 comments:

Family Snodgrass said...

Huh? Really? VANILLA aioli? I would never in a million years have dreamed up that combo. But I do love me some aioli, so I just may have to try it.

Anonymous said...

Evoo? Homemade vanilla extract? Details, please. . .sounds wonderful and I even have a vanilla bean in the pantry. --nb