Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Lupus is Lame


Lupus is Lame. It's not just a "LiL" lame, it is insanely lame. Join me in letting Lupus know that it is many things, but cool is not one of them. Send your "L" love to sweet Caroline at lionslemonade@gmail.com 

After a devastating breakup and her world falling apart, she did not feel "right" in her skin. Chalking it up to stress, she tried to move forward. Sicker and sicker, she finally went to the hospital with kidney failure & a lupus diagnosis. Kidney failure led to a diagnosis of Minimal Change- which makes this special woman even more so as less than 1% of the population has ever been diagnosed with both.

You know what? Lupus IS Lame. So are shirty boyfriends. BUT- this girl with Lupus is showing everyone that while lupus is lame, she is not. She's kicking ass and taking names as she prepares to return to the city of her demise. Much like the phenix though, she will rise from where she has fallen and conquer this place once again.

Won't you join me in welcoming the phenix?

See her story and follow her heroic journey here

1 comment:

Caroline said...

Thank you thank you thank you for sharing my story! Sometimes (most of the time) I think I overshare. I appreciate all the encouragement you've sent my way lately Rachel! It's been awesome!