Thursday, June 2, 2011

Cause & Effect

We have stayed in three different hotel rooms for the past three nights. 
I'm cranky.


Eileen would not nap. 
I have a headache.


The only thing consumed has been chips & chicken salad. Oh, and last night I paid $17 for two poached eggs.
I'm hungry.


The grocery store trip on Monday cost over $100.
I'm throwing it all out. Probably $600 worth of food. Gone.


The last three nights have been spent in hotels.
I had to use my American Express.


The mailman has refused to deliver our mail.
I am not so sure about that "rain, snow, dark of night" business anymore.


There has only been one generator operating one elevator in each building.
I had to walk up seven flights of stairs (with a baby) to change out our clothes, expecting each day would be the last. I had to walk down seven flights of stairs with our new clothes in our one bag and our baby.

I'm tired. 
I am thankful, though, that the power is back on.

No comments: