Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Here's Hoping.

Eileen has FINALLY outgrown her twelve month clothes. It's about time, considering she turns two in a few weeks. Husband gave wife his debit card this morning and said, "Go buy our baby some summer clothes, a bathing suit, and some muscles so she can swim. She's a big girl!" So, off we went to Target.

THREE HUNDRED DOLLARS AND AN HOUR LATER.... we walk out.

Eileen now has four bathing suits, some summer play clothes, and two bathing suit coverups. She has muscles & a ducky to help her swim. She's ready.

Mom? Oh, mom braved the bathing suit section as well. Mom now has three bathing suits (as my old ones are years old... like purchased before I was pregnant. yeah....) and a cover up. But, I did something that might be perceived as a little foolish.

I bought a bikini.

Who does that? I am 30. I have gray hair. I have a baby. I'm overweight. And I did it. I bought a bikini.

In the last 13 days, I have lost 8 pounds & am all kinds of impressed with myself. Gluten be damned! There is a suntan to be had on this pale, pale body. Hopefully in another two weeks, I will have shed another 5. And maybe, just maybe, by the end of the summer I will be able to pull on the two pieces and actually make it out of the bathroom.

Here's hoping. If not, I will just have some really unusual underroos for the winter.

1 comment:

Family Snodgrass said...

Lesson learned: never give Rachel your debit card. ;)