Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Taking just a moment

As I sit and type, Eileen has pulled out all of my loaf pans and is sitting next to her Da-Dee playing them with her spoons with the occasional instruction on how “Fur Elise” should go with said spoons. In the background, the finest Bing Crosby is singing Christmas carols from an iPhone instead of a classic 45. We are both sipping egg nog with brandy and quickly rejected the idea of sushi in lieu of staying in.
The tv is off and homemade meatloaf is in the oven. It is the three of us, playing and enjoying each others company for the moment- this very brief moment that we get to be together before work and life takes us our separate ways again. Silent Night just came into the mix from the Mormon Tabernacle Choir and I am thinking to myself that this very moment, this second is what Norman Rockwell would capture as a modern family Christmas. This picture.
I woke up to snow this morning.

2 comments:

Aleasha said...

go motab!!!!!thats short for mormon tabernacle!!!! so glad you had that time to spend together!!!!!

Family Snodgrass said...

This makes me smile.