Friday, September 10, 2010

What a lucky fool I am

It is almost 11 and I am beyond tired. However, even after a full day of Mom duties and Work duties and Husband being on call duties, I just was not ready to let the day end. So, it is almost 11 and am about to crawl in bed. But first, but first I had to check on my sweet sleeping babe because I promised Husband via a 30 second phone call that she was sleeping.
Sneaking into her room, there she was.... in her crib. Sound asleep. Curled up, holding her white open knit blanket. And I stared, knowing just how absolutely blessed and lucky I am to have this perfect life in my care. A smile crossed my lips and a touch to her cheek sent me out the door, quietly closing it behind me.
I have a sweet babe that is loved more than words can explain. What a lucky, lucky fool I am to be a mother.

1 comment:

Family Snodgrass said...

Sweet! I know just how you feel!