Wednesday, August 25, 2010

1,000 miles

What was that song by Cher? 500 miles? Yes! It was... 500 miles. 

Cher, honey, 'you've got nothing on me.'

The journey of 1,000 miles begins with the first step, they say that... you know? "They" say this to mean that the journey has to start somewhere. Mine started last week. My journey of 1,000 miles. I have a goal. 

In the past two weeks, I have walked over 50 miles and have another 950 to go. If I do eights and threes, I will be done by March. Husband bought me new shoes to commemorate the adventure. We leave our little apartment every morning and head to the Capitol. To the Smithsonian (any of the 18, take your pick). To the Washington Monument. To the White House. To Eastern Market. To anywhere my little feet will take us.
Eileen and I are getting out amongst the natives with our boots that are made for walking and stroller made for jogging. We walk all places and spend our mornings together amongst marble, granite and history. Our afternoons are back at 201 I St Ne with her fast asleep, and I feverishly working.
It’s a good journey, and a healthy one. 
1,000 miles. Can you do it?

1 comment:

Family Snodgrass said...

Awesome! I'll join you once I'm feeling better, as long as a double stroller won't slow you down!