Saturday, November 28, 2009

I love this time of year

It's not a cliche to say how much I love this time of year. Everyone says that, but why should you not? Everything is "merry" and cheery-- the cold, cold air outside is not quite so gray as it will be in February. The leaves are still on the trees and, well, it is just great to be a wife, a mom, and a resident of Raymond Ave.

In the spirit of other blogs read, I will follow suit...

I love this time of year because I get to pull out my Spode Christmas dishes and put away my Wedgwood Nature plates for a month.
I love this time of year because Husband, Wife, and Child all went this morning to buy our small Charlie Brown Christmas Tree & lights.
I love this time of year because it inspired me to make homemade eggnog instead of buying eggnog! (If I survive the raw eggs, I'll tell you how it is...)
I love this time of year because it gives me hope that my sweet cousin will find a cure for his leukemia.
I love this time of year because I get to buy things like wine glasses that say, "Are we Merry yet?" or other things that say, "This is as merry as I get"
I love this time of year because Husband adds new boxes under our tree with little tags very clearly saying, "R-A-C-H-E-L" and now "E-I-L-E-E-N" in his neat, doctor handwriting.
And, I love this time of year because before Eileen was Eileen and was just "Baby Girl Cagle" we bought her a red corduroy Christmas dress and a white smocked Christmas outfit with all the frills and bows a girl can stand. It's been sitting in her (walk-in) closet for close to a year and she finally gets to wear it!

1 comment:

Aleasha said...

And I can't wait to see Baby Girl Cagle in that sweet red Christmas dress!!