Friday, November 28, 2008

AGONY...

I just want to know something.

Who breaks their foot when they are pregnant?

WHO BREAKS THEIR FREAKING FOOT THE NIGHT BEFORE THANKSGIVING WHEN THEY ARE PREGNANT?!

WHO BREAKS THEIR FREAKING FOOT WITH THEIR IN-LAWS EN ROUTE TO VISIT THE NIGHT BEFORE THANKSGIVING WHEN THEY ARE PREGNANT?!

I do. That's who.

So, I broke my foot Wednesday night. I broke my sorry-tail-good-for-nothing-right-foot Wednesday night toodling down the stairs after taking a fantastic bubble bath. I rolled my ankle and put all one hundred and something something pounds on one teeny, tiny little bone in my right foot. I hit the ground, threw the plate in my hands and have never hurt so much in my life.

I hurt so much I drooled.

Will asked if I could wiggle my toes once the crying eased up. Ohhhhh, wiggling the toes was the worst, the crying was worse, the hiccuping was worse, the pain was worse, the drool was worse, everything was worse.

Husband was mean to make me wiggle my toes. But, he learned that I did not tear any ligaments from the toe wiggling. I guess that's good.

After tracking down awesome Dr. Tucker to see if I needed to go to the ER (I did) and loading my good-for-nothing right foot in the sexy new car, we're off to the MCG ER.

One melt down, two nurse visits, and six doctors stopping in my room later, amputation was the case that they gave me.

Okay, amputation is an exaggeration- we all know how I like things symmetrical.

I did break my fifth metatarsal though. (That's the bone behind the pinky toe) It's a spiral fracture (that means I broke it good- real good). No surgery, just a sexy blue boot (again) and 6 weeks staying off of it.

So much for driving.

They are worried about DBTs (??)-- clots-- so I have to wiggle my ankle to keep the blood flowing. No problems there though. I don't want to spend the holidays dead, Clark.

The Cagles were great & I felt like a dog I could not play with them more. Crutching around the house though wears one out.

Things I should have been thankful on Tuesday, when I last blogged... my right foot and the 26 bones that were in tact in my right foot. Now, I have 25 bones in tact and two .5 bones waiting to be fused together again.

With a baby on the way.



No comments: